Breaded Sirloin Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick), cut into eight pieces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Lemon wedges
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Dip steak in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Top beef with tomato and cheese slices. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 391 calories, 21 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Reviews for Breaded Sirloin
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.