Breaded Sirloin Recipe
This recipe calls for beef steaks to be dipped in an egg mixture, then coated in a combination of seasoned bread crumbs, grated cheese, parsley and garlic.Sandra Lee Pippin, Aurora, Colorado
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak (1-1/2 inches thick), cut into eight pieces
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 8 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Lemon wedges
- In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Dip steak in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels.
- Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet. Top beef with tomato and cheese slices. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with lemon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Sirloin in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Breaded Sirloin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 30, 2009
This was a hit with my family. I had to leave off the tomato slices for the non-tomato lovers, but it was still very tasty.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Steak Dinner >