Breaded Sea Scallops
From Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, Martina Preston writes, "I never liked seafood until my husband urged me to try scallops, and now I love them. He says my breaded version is the best he's ever had." TIP: "I put them on a paper-towel-topped plate to soak up excess oil," Martina notes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound sea scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. In another bowl, combine the potato
- flakes, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip scallops in egg, then
- roll in potato mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add
- scallops; cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until scallops are
- opaque and coating is golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 461 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.