- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sea scallops (about 3/4 pound)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg. In another bowl, toss potato flakes and bread crumbs with salt and pepper. In a third bowl, toss scallops with flour to coat lightly. Dip in egg, then in potato mixture, patting to adhere.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add scallops; cook until golden brown and scallops are firm and opaque, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Sea Scallops
"This is one of the best scallop recipes I've tried. Without using all the butter that most recipes call for."
"This was a good recipe! Love scallops but my husband doesn't so this was good for me - leftovers for lunch were just as good. Thanks for sharing!"
"This was amazing!My husband said it was the best fish I've fixed in a really long time. The kids really liked it, too.I used flounder instead of scallops.The breading is very flavorful.I did have to keep adding oil, though."
"I don't know why but they stick in the pan... the flavor was okay though but my husband is not that fond of sea scallops."
"Very Very Good!"
"This is our favorite treat of all time!"
"These are so good! I think they're more of an appetizer though, but that's just my opinion."