Breaded Ravioli Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen beef ravioli
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- ITALIAN SALSA:
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 medium green pepper, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1. Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and let stand for 10 minutes. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasoning. In another shallow bowl, pour dressing. Dip ravioli into dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat ravioli with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the salsa ingredients. Pulse for 15-20 seconds. Serve ravioli with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ravioli with 1/3 cup salsa equals 262 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 924 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.