- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen beef ravioli
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 to 1-1/2 teaspoons salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- ITALIAN SALSA:
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 medium green pepper, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Cook ravioli according to package directions; drain and let stand for 10 minutes. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasoning. In another shallow bowl, pour dressing. Dip ravioli into dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Lightly coat ravioli with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the salsa ingredients. Pulse for 15-20 seconds. Serve ravioli with salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBreaded Ravioli
"I gave this recipe 4 stars only b/c I don't make the Italian salsa part of the recipe. However, we do enjoy the crispy outside of the creamy cheese -stuffed ravioli with a homemade marinara. I use a combination of Panko and seasoned bread crumbs and I have used a creamy Cesar dressing in place of the Italian with success. It is a simple and fairly quick meal."
"I've served the ravioli with marinara sauce.."
"I've made them with cheese ravioli, and I actually prefer them that way. Really delicious. Great as an appetizer or for lunch...my sister and I make these when we get together a lot!"
"[quote user="sharonanng"]Can this be made with cheese ravioli? Anybody ever try that?[/quote]I only use the cheese ravioli! And I've made it with all brands, store or regular and it always comes out great. When I feel lazy I dip them in jarred sauce. :)
Oh, and I've premade them up to the baking point and refrigerated them til game time, or whatever. I've also frozen them baked, and reheated them through on cookies sheets. Great little recipe.
Give them a try!"
"Can this be made with cheese ravioli? Anybody ever try that?"
"Gm Goodthyme~ It's been a while since I have made this one~ But everytime I make it we really enjoy it~ I have used different types of raviolis and they are all great~The zesty Italian dressing really sends this one zinging~ Janie"
"Thanks for the reminder about this good little appetizer!Gm Janie! Alliea"
"This is a wonderful appetizer, Everything about it is great. It's fun to make, just the right size and down right decilious~ JanieThis little appy goes a long way~"