Breaded Rack of Lamb
"This recipe is so easy and quick to prepare," notes Lorene Whittingham of Denver, Colorado. "We have lamb often on Saturday nights for dinner along with double-baked potatoes, tossed salad and a vegetable."
2 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 rack of lamb (1 pound) , trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Place the lamb on a greased rack in a greased roasting pan; rub with
- garlic, salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20
- In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, parsley and thyme.
- Press onto the meat.
- Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for
- medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 rack equals 441 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as