Breaded Rack of Lamb Recipe
- 1 rack of lamb (1 pound) , trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Place the lamb on a greased rack in a greased roasting pan; rub with garlic, salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, butter, parsley and thyme. Press onto the meat.
- 3. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 rack equals 441 calories, 29 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Breaded Rack of Lamb
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.