Breaded Pork Roll-ups
This pretty entree has swirls of ham and a golden coating make the delightful main course perfect for company. If you like, add a few tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese to the dry bread crumbs to give the coating even more flavor.—Ron Gardner, Grand Haven, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (1/4 inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg and milk. In another shallow
- bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasoned salt. Flatten pork chops to
- 1/8-in. thickness; place a ham slice on each. Fold sides and ends
- over ham and roll up; secure each with a toothpick. Dip roll-ups in
- egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook the chops in oil over medium heat for 2-3
- minutes on each side or until chops are lightly browned. Cook,
- uncovered, for 10-12 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink,
- turning occasionally. Discard toothpicks.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 490 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 1,708 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 41 g protein.