Breaded Pork Roast
“It's become a tradition to serve this on New Year's Day because everyone likes it so much. I'm really flattered that my mom asked me how to make it!” writes Jenny Witcraft of Cleveland, Ohio.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 9 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (3 pounds)
Tender pork loin will be the star of your holiday table.
Learn More >
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- Press garlic onto the roast. In a shallow pan, combine the bread
- crumbs, cheese and sage. Gently roll roast in crumb mixture until
- coated. Place fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 10-15 minutes before
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 ounces cooked pork equals 152 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.