Breaded Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place cracker crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip each pork chop in egg mixture, then coat with cracker crumbs, patting to make a thick coating.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Breaded Pork Chops(33)
Sort By :
My Pork chops were "Thick" so I had to cook them A lot longer! After 20 ms they were only at 130 degrees. Next time sear then oven!
These were really good... Had trouble keeping the breading on but I think it's mainly because we overcrowded the pan. I like rebelwithoutaclue's idea to brown them and then finish them off in the oven.
Very delicious, cheap and easy to make. We accidentally got unsalted saltines but it didn't disappoint! If you like flavor get salted and be creative with the cracker crumbs by adding your own spices. Very golden and crispy! Will be making again!
This is delicious!!! the coating stays crispy...
Ikohutek.......A fool proof method for these chops is easy. Place oil and butter in an iron skillet on high heat. Sear chops 45 seconds on each side. Place skillet in pre-heated oven (400 degrees) w/ pan juices remaining in skillet for 10 min. Crips on the outside and very moist in the middle. I like to add a little paprika and garlic powder to the crushed crackers.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Easy Main Dish Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >