Breaded Pork Chops
These traditional pork chops have a wonderful home-cooked flavor like the ones Mom used to make. The breading makes them crispy outside and tender and juicy inside. Why not treat your family to them tonight? —Deborah Amrine, Grand Haven, Michigan
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups crushed saltine crackers
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1-inch thick and 4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and milk. Place cracker crumbs in
- another shallow bowl. Dip each pork chop in egg mixture, then coat
- with cracker crumbs, patting to make a thick coating.
- In a large skillet, cook chops in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes
- before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 317 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer