Breaded Pork Chops with Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
Chive and onion cream cheese makes a delicious sauce for baked pork chops.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another
- shallow bowl. Dip pork chops into egg, then coat with crumbs. Place
- in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- In a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, broth and milk. Cook
- and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until smooth and blended.
- Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 547 calories, 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.