Breaded Pork Chops with Chive and Onion Cream Cheese Recipe
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg. Place the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl. Dip pork chops into egg, then coat with crumbs. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cream cheese, broth and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until smooth and blended. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/4 cup sauce equals 547 calories, 35 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 192 mg cholesterol, 690 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Reviews for Breaded Pork Chops with Chive and Onion Cream Cheese
"nice flavors and easy to make"
"Sauce was kind of gross."
"Instead of placing in baking dish, I used a cooling rack inside a baking sheet so chops where not soggy on bottom. great sauce!"
"Luscious! Great sauce! I used Panko crumbs instead of seasoned bread crumbs and it came together wonderfully.Thanx!"
"Yummy, the sauce is perfect with the pork.high ratings from my family."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.