Breaded Orange Roughy Recipe
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the cornflakes, seasoned pepper and salt. In another shallow dish, beat egg whites and water. In a third shallow bowl, add flour. Coat fish with flour; dip in egg white mixture, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 158 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 400mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 very lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Breaded Orange Roughy
"This was very tasty--the seasoned pepper is a great addition--but I think next time I'll use dry breadcrumbs instead of the cornflake crumbs. The cornflakes made the crust a little tough. I used 4 6-oz. fillets, and increased the baking time about 7 minutes. I'll make this again."
"Why egg whites and not the yolk?"