Breaded Orange Roughy Recipe
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the cornflakes, seasoned pepper and salt. In another shallow dish, beat egg whites and water. In a third shallow bowl, add flour. Coat fish with flour; dip in egg white mixture, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- 2. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 filet equals 158 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Breaded Orange Roughy
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.