Breaded Orange Roughy
"My family loves fish, so I serve it often," writes Joann Frazier Hensley of McGaheysville, Virginia. "Seasoned pepper really adds to the flavor of these tender fillets."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons seasoned pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a shallow dish, combine the cornflakes, seasoned pepper and salt.
- In another shallow dish, beat egg whites and water. In a third
- shallow bowl, add flour. Coat fish with flour; dip in egg white
- mixture, then roll in cornflake mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425°
- for 9-11 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 filet equals 158 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 400 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.