Breaded Flounder Fillets Recipe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg whites and milk. Coat fish with cornmeal mixture, then dip into egg white mixture. Coat fish again in cornmeal mixture.
- 2. In a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, arrange fish in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 236 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 83 mg cholesterol, 789 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 37 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.