I use flounder in this recipe, but any fish fillets can be prepared with this tasty coating. It's quick and easy when time is short. -Michelle Smith of Sykesville, Maryland
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 4 flounder fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, salt, paprika and pepper. In another shallow bowl, beat egg whites and milk. Coat fish with cornmeal mixture, then dip into egg white mixture. Coat fish again in cornmeal mixture.
- In a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray, arrange fish in a single layer. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Flounder Fillets in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Flounder Fillets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review