The seasoned breading of this hearty sandwich turns mild-flavored cod or halibut into a taste sensation, and the creamy sauce just keeps it going! Mildred Caruso - Brighton, Tennessee
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 4 halibut or cod fillets (6 ounces each)
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1 tablespoon grated onion, optional
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- In a shallow bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Coat fillets with bread crumb mixture.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill halibut, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Grill buns, cut side down, over medium heat for 30-60 seconds or until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots and onion if desired; set aside. In another small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients; spread over bun bottoms. Top with halibut and vegetable mixture; replace bun tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Fish Sandwiches in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p61
Reviews for Breaded Fish Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review