"These crisp golden rounds are a fun and different way to serve eggplant," notes Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas." Even folks who aren't fond of eggplant like it fixed this way."
- 1 medium eggplant (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) fat-free Italian salad dressing
- Preheat oven to 450°. Cut eggplant into 1/2-in. slices. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and cheese. Place salad dressing in another bowl. Dip eggplant into salad dressing, then coat with crumb mixture.
- Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Eggplant Slices in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p17
Reviews for Breaded Eggplant Slices
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review