Breaded Dijon Pork Chops Recipe
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, thyme, pepper and sage. Spread mustard on both sides of pork ; coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and meat juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop equals 366 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.