Breaded Dijon Pork Chops
Start your supper with Breaded Dijon Pork Chops shared by Shannon Gerardi from Huber Heights, Ohio. "This treatment for pork chops is so delicious that even my dad and my husband, who aren't fond of pork, love it," she writes.
The golden breading that coats these tender chops is moist and subtly seasoned with Dijon mustard "While the recipe calls for pork chops, I sometimes make it with pork t
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3/4 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 pork rib chops (1/2 inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, thyme, pepper and sage.
- Spread mustard on both sides of pork ; coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook pork in oil over medium-high heat for 4-5
- minutes on each side or until golden brown and meat juices run
- clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 366 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 466 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.