Breaded Dijon Chicken Recipe
This dish was created by our son, who is known by friends and family to be a great cook. Everyone who tries these delicious chicken breasts comments on the zesty mustard flavor.
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 24 pimiento-stuffed olives or pitted ripe olives
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 lemon slices
- In a shallow bowl, combine mustard and sour cream. Dip chicken in mixture, coating both sides, then roll in bread crumbs. Place four olives in the center of each chicken breast; fold in half.
- Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine butter, lemon juice and cayenne pepper; drizzle over chicken. Place a slice of lemon on each chicken breast.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Dijon Chicken in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p81
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Dijon Chicken(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review