Breaded Chicken with Orange Sauce Recipe
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Add orange juice and remaining Italian seasoning to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Breaded Chicken with Orange Sauce
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.