- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Hot cooked rice
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Dip chicken in milk, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- Add orange juice and remaining Italian seasoning to skillet, stirring to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil; cook until sauce is reduced to about 1/4 cup. Serve with chicken and rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Chicken with Orange Sauce
"very good! just the perfect amount of orange flavor to not overpower the chicken. I will definitely make this again!"
"Very tasty and quick! Another recipe where I can use our oranges from our orange trees."