Breaded Chicken with Avocado Recipe
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 slices ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the cornmeal, cornstarch, garlic salt and cumin. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and water. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; dip into egg mixture, then place in the bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat oil. Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Top with cheese and avocado; cover and cook until cheese is melted. Garnish with sour cream and onion. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 548 calories, 36g fat (13g saturated fat), 214mg cholesterol, 713mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 36g protein
Reviews for Breaded Chicken with Avocado
"Very nice spice combination!*i used spelt instead of cornmeal and added some paprika to the egg wash -- yum"
"This is delicious! A super easy dinner that seems like it's from a restaurant."
"This recipe is such a treat. Due to dietary reasons, I only serve this once or twice a year - it's SO good!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.