Breaded Chicken Wings
No one can pass up seconds of these golden brown goodies from field editor Nancy Schmidt of Center, Colorado. Basil, garlic and onion flavor the crumb coating that covers the tender wings.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 10 whole chicken wings
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, onion
- powder, basil, garlic salt and paprika. In a small bowl, whisk egg
- and water. Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips.
- Dip wings in egg, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place in a
- greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for
- 30-35 minutes or until juices run clear, turning once. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 170 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 13 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer