Breaded Chicken Patties Recipe
"As a mother of three, I like to make a few batches of these patties at one time and freeze the extras for another meal," writes Brenda Martin of Lititz, Pennsylvania. "I remember helping my mother make big batches, too—there were 11 of us, so it took a lot of food to fill us up!"
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine flour and 1 cup milk. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley, seasonings and chicken. Remove from the heat. Chill until completely cooled.
- 2. Shape chicken mixture into six patties, using about 1/3 cup mixture for each patty. Place crumbs and remaining milk in separate shallow bowls. Roll patties in crumbs, then dip into milk; roll again in crumbs.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook patties in remaining butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired.
- 4. Uncooked patties may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- 5. To prepare frozen patties: Cook in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 636 calories, 56 g fat (33 g saturated fat), 181 mg cholesterol, 1,546 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC