Breaded Chicken Patties Recipe
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/3 cups milk, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- Sandwich rolls, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in 3 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine flour and 1 cup milk. Gradually add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add parsley, seasonings and chicken. Remove from the heat. Chill until completely cooled.
- Shape chicken mixture into six patties, using about 1/3 cup mixture for each patty. Place crumbs and remaining milk in separate shallow bowls. Roll patties in crumbs, then dip into milk; roll again in crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in remaining butter for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato if desired.
- Uncooked patties may be frozen for up to 3 months.
- To prepare frozen patties: Cook in butter for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Breaded Chicken Patties(3)
Sort By :
I was the same way in that the patties fell apart. Even tried to flash freeze them first just to give them more staying power, but they still fell apart. Not the texture I was looking for and I followed the recipe to a 't'. I would love to figure out what to do to make them not fall apart.
I made these twice, thinking I made a mistake the first time because they fell apart, but had great flavor. They do not hold together well at all, but we really like the flavor, so I call it Hot Chicken Salad Sandwhiches.
It tasted pretty good; however, I must have done something wrong because the patties did not form well. They fell apart when I put them in the bread crumbs and then in the pan. I'm not sure what happened, but it was a disaster.
More Recipe Collections
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >