- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Dash paprika
- In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice and garlic. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- Roll-up chicken jelly-roll style; place seam side down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with any remaining butter mixture; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Chicken Breasts
"I will make this again. The only changes I made were that I substituted a herb de Florence (rosemary, savoury) for the Parsley, and I rolled a cooked slice of bacon and a dab of cream cheese into each chicken breast. Also, the chicken breasts were quite thick even though I pounded them so they took one hour to roast at 350. For a complete meal I added halved baby potatoes around the chicken breasts in the roaster, and I also roasted cobs of corn in the oven beside the roaster (they were wrapped in foil with a pat of butter). I added a tossed salad and it was a lovely meal for our guests."
"Loved this, added Himihead.com to the butter. Oh my so good! Mark and I fault overthe last piece."
"Love this recipe. So easy and tasty, very juicy."
"This was really easy, really tasty, and I made it with ingredients I already had around the house! I used seasoned bread crumbs because they have the parsley in them and otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Next time I might actually increase the lemon juice by a touch. I bet this would be just as good with a white fish or even pork chops! Definitely a keeper for me."
"I have a similar recipe using breadcrumbs and Italian dressing. This was a nice change for our family and I will certainly make it again. Simple and delicious - and ingredients you have on hand - perfect for a week night meal!"
"I made this for my husbands birthday dinner. It is was excellent! It had lots of flavor and was simple to make. I will be adding it to my recipe box. I will definitely be making this again! Yum!"
"Nice and moist. However, I realized after I cooked them, I'd forgotten the paprika! Also, next time, I would use less lemon juice; just a bit too tangy for our taste."
"This was tasty but mine didn't turn out as crispy as I would have liked. The lemon juice added a nice flavor."
"It was delicious, except it was a little too salty. I think it was because I used salted butter. I think next time I will use unsalted butter and see how it turns out. I will be making it again. It was juicy and flavorful"