Breaded Cauliflower Recipe
Meet the Cook: My mother gets the credit for this delicious dish, which is a mainstay at our house. It can be an appetizer or side dish...and is wonderful served with turkey, roast beef and ham. My husband, our teenage son, Daniel, and I live on a country acreage. I enjoy gardening and collecting cookbooks. -Sandra Furman-Krajewski, Amsterdam, New York
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 5 cups)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. Place cauliflower and a small amount of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and seasonings. Place bread crumbs and cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add a few florets at a time to the egg mixture; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to crumb mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 341 calories, 28 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 780 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Breaded Cauliflower
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC