- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 5 cups)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup butter
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- Place cauliflower and a small amount of water in a skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg yolks and seasonings. Place bread crumbs and cheese in a large resealable plastic bag. Add a few florets at a time to the egg mixture; toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon, transfer cauliflower to crumb mixture; toss to coat.
- In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook cauliflower in batches until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Breaded Cauliflower
Sort By :
"I expected the taste of the parmesan to stand out more than it did. We thought this was pretty good. But we still like the version we get in a local restaurant better."
"Good flavor, my family actually enjoyed this."
"Now that does sound good and I'm not normally a big fan of cauliflower."
"Delicious! I used 2 whole eggs, in place of 4 yolks, and had a fine result. My husband OF 40+ years said this tasted just like what his mom used to make!"
"Excellent, even my picky daughter ate them! I used Panko bread crumbs and the recipe came out great!"