Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and flour. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Place cheese over chicken; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; whisk in cornstarch and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Serve on buns with blue cheese or ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 734 calories, 39g fat (18g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 1293mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 41g protein
Reviews for Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
"These were a big hit at our recent football party. Will be making again soon."
"Sounds fabulous, but not calorie, carb or diabetic friendly :("
"Awesome. Will definitely make again, have to be aware of salt content."