Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
Topped with melted mozzarella cheese and a spicy sauce, these breaded chicken breasts make fantastic sandwiches. Try them whenever you're short on time but need a satisfying dinner. —Tracy Boleware, Covington, Louisiana
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- 1. Sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and flour. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 2. Place cheese over chicken; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; whisk in cornstarch and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Serve on buns with blue cheese or ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without salad dressing) equals 734 calories, 39 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 1,293 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC