Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 sandwich buns, split
- Blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
- Sprinkle chicken with salt, garlic powder and pepper. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine bread crumbs and flour. Add chicken and shake to coat. In a skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in oil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Place cheese over chicken; cover and cook for 1 minute or until cheese is melted. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter; whisk in cornstarch and hot pepper sauce until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil, whisking constantly for 1 minute or until thickened. Drizzle over chicken. Serve on buns with blue cheese or ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches in Reminisce Extra October 2005, p52
Reviews for Breaded Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2014
"These were a big hit at our recent football party. Will be making again soon."
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2010
"Sounds fabulous, but not calorie, carb or diabetic friendly :("
Reviewed Jan. 10, 2010
"Awesome. Will definitely make again, have to be aware of salt content."