Breaded Beef Tenderloin Recipe
My husband is a hunter and I like to come up with different ways to cook the meat he brings home. I found venison and beef tenderloin are similar so I use this recipe for both types of meat.—Corrina Larson, Eden, New York
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted, divided
- LEMON CREAM SAUCE:
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, seasoned salt and pepper. Cut tenderloin in half; brush beef on all sides with 1/2 cup butter. Roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides in remaining butter. Transfer to a lightly greased 15-in. x. 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with pan drippings.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-45 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onions and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in flour and rosemary until blended; gradually add cream and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Serve with beef. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
Reviews for Breaded Beef Tenderloin
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC