- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic salt and oregano. Coat fillets in crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Baked Tilapia
Sort By :
"Absolutely fantastic! Execellent flavor. My sweetie has already requested I make it again. As for the comments about the crust, I has no issues. I rinses the fish and then sprinkling the crust mixture... perfect."
"Well this was OK but with reservations. I didn't have tilapia but used swai , similar to catfish. Per a few reviews I dipped the fish in beaten egg to hold the breading. Unfortunately even after 15 minutes no crust formed. Next time I plan to pan fry to get a nice crust. Tasty, yes. I'll use basil instead of oregano."
"I cooked mine at 450F from frozen and it was so delicious! The fish was moist and flaky and the seasonings were just fantastic. Served with long grain rice and a tossed salad."
"1/2 t garlc salt and add 1/2 t. seafood or Garlic Herb seasoning. Use w tilapia with cucumber relish"
"Had to add melted butter to the fish to get the crumbs to stick. Hubby enjoyed it though!"