- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 tilapia fillets (5 ounces each)
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, garlic salt and oregano. Coat fillets in crumb mixture. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake 8-12 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Breaded Baked Tilapia
Sort By :
Well this was OK but with reservations. I didn't have tilapia but used swai , similar to catfish. Per a few reviews I dipped the fish in beaten egg to hold the breading. Unfortunately even after 15 minutes no crust formed. Next time I plan to pan fry to get a nice crust. Tasty, yes. I'll use basil instead of oregano.
I cooked mine at 450F from frozen and it was so delicious! The fish was moist and flaky and the seasonings were just fantastic. Served with long grain rice and a tossed salad.
1/2 t garlc salt and add 1/2 t. seafood or Garlic Herb seasoning. Use w tilapia with cucumber relish
Had to add melted butter to the fish to get the crumbs to stick. Hubby enjoyed it though!