Bread Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini makes a great container for a filling of the squash, bread crumbs, cheese and onion.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 medium zucchini squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in.
- shell. Reserve pulp. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water and
- salt to a boil. Add zucchini shells; cover and boil for 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside. Chop zucchini pulp.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and chopped zucchini in oil until
- tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the egg, bread crumbs, cheese,
- parsley, salt and pepper. Fill shells. Place in a greased baking
- dish. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until filling reaches
- 160° and is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2 stuffed zucchini (calculated without salt and pepper) equals 208 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 110 mg cholesterol, 396 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.