Zucchini makes a great container for a filling of the squash, bread crumbs, cheese and onion.
- 4 medium zucchini squash
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 3/8-in. shell. Reserve pulp. In a large saucepan, bring 8 cups water and salt to a boil. Add zucchini shells; cover and boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside. Chop zucchini pulp.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and chopped zucchini in oil until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in the egg, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Fill shells. Place in a greased baking dish. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until filling reaches 160° and is heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Zucchini in Country Woman July/August 1992, p35
Reviews for Bread Stuffed Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review