Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce Recipe
A delectable white chocolate sauce is the crowning touch on servings of this comforting cinnamon bread pudding.
- 16 slices cinnamon bread, crusts removed, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup white baking chips
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the bread cubes, cranberries, vanilla chips and pecans. Repeat layers. Drizzle with butter.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and allspice until blended; pour over bread mixture. Let stand for 15-30 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 55-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil during the last 15 minutes if top browns too quickly.
- 4. In a small saucepan, bring cream and butter to a boil. Add chocolate and remove from the heat (do not stir). Let stand for 5 minutes; whisk until smooth. Serve with warm bread pudding. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 495 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC