- 5 large eggs
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 cups cubed day-old dinner rolls
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetened whipped cream and toasted chopped walnuts, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, sugar and vanilla until blended. Gently fold in cubed rolls; let stand about 15 minutes or until bread is softened.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 45-50 minutes or until puffed, golden and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Stir in brown sugar. Bring to a rolling boil. Boil 2 minutes. Stir in cream; return to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Serve with warm pudding. If desired, top with whipped cream and walnuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p116
Reviews for Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review