Bread Pudding Pumpkin Recipe
- 2 medium pie pumpkins (about 3 pounds each)
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups cubed crustless day-old bread
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1. Wash pumpkins; cut off tops and discard. Scoop out seeds and loose fibers (save seeds for another use if desired). In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg. Stir in the bread cubes, pineapple, walnuts and raisins. Spoon into pumpkin shells.
- 2. Place on a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Loosely cover tops with foil. Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; bake 15-30 minutes longer or until pumpkin is soft and a knife inserted near the center of bread pudding comes out clean. To serve, scoop bread pudding and cooked pumpkin into dessert dishes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 518 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 540mg sodium, 82g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Bread Pudding Pumpkin
"This is the best bread pudding I have ever tasted. I carve a jack o lantern face, using relief carving, in it before baking and every one loves the look and the taste. Thanks for a great idea and a great recipe."