Bread Pudding Pear Pie
I've been serving this simple but elegant dessert for many years, after a friend shared the recipe, I especially enjoy baking yummy desserts. I guess it's in the genes--my grandfather came over from Norway and started a bakery in a small Minnesota town.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 English muffins, crumbled
- BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Fresh pear slices, optional
- Coarsely chop pears; place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. In
- a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add the milk, vanilla, lemon peel
- and salt; mix well. Stir in crumbled English muffins; pour over
- pears. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly on a
- wire rack.
- For butterscotch sauce, combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. gradually add 1/2 cup