Bread Pudding Pear Pie Recipe
- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 English muffins, crumbled
- BUTTERSCOTCH SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Fresh pear slices, optional
- Coarsely chop pears; place in a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar. Add the milk, vanilla, lemon peel and salt; mix well. Stir in crumbled English muffins; pour over pears. bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- For butterscotch sauce, combine brown sugar and butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. gradually add 1/2 cup cream. Bring to a slow boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat the remaining cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Cut the pie into wedges. Garnish with whipped cream and pear slices if desired. serve with butterscotch sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Bread Pudding Pear Pie
Sort By :
Yummy! Nice lemon flavor; change from regular bread pudding.
A yummy dessert! The sauce is delicious on it, and it's sooooo rich......a little bit goes a long way, and I'd probably not make it every time I make the pudding. I may just use a little whipped cream on top when I make it again, or make a lemon sauce to put over it. The pudding itself is not very sweet, which I appreciate, since the sauce is so sweet.
The lemon flavor in the bread pudding is completely unexpected but what a refreshing difference. Its not warm and fuzzy like "regular" bread pudding but clean with a boom of lemon. I did not make the topping and it still was wonderful. I am considering leaving out the pears entirely as they seem to only add a different texture and not much taste. I served it with a bit of heavy whipping cream poured over top. A great and easy recipe. I will make it over and over!
Roxanne in DE
I made this pudding for memorial day and it was just wonderful. The pudding with the butterscotch sauce was a perfect blend of flavours. I served it with vanilla ice cream instead of whipped cream as I was serving ice cream fanatics! They all loved it and so did I. I shall definitely make over and over again and I thank you for such a simple but delicious dessert.
I made this pudding twice and received excellent reveiws. All my guests have been asking for this receipe. It has been a great dessert for my gatherings. Each time I left out the topping it was still hit.