Bread Pudding For Two
THIS tried-and-true dessert was printed in a cookbook published by a local organization. I have made a few changes, and it has become one of our favorite desserts.
I like to eat mine warm with a dollop of whipped cream...but my husband eats his cold with a scoop of ice cream!
-Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1-1/2 cups day-old buttered bread cubes (2 slices)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- Divide bread between two greased 8-oz. baking dishes; set aside. In a
- bowl, beat eggs, milk, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour over
- bread. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a
- knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve
- warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 318 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 338 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.