Bread Pudding for Two
THE BEST THINGS about this dessert are it's easy to make and uses ingredients I usually have.
Besides making it often for my husband and me, I have made it several times for unexpected company. It satisfies a sweet tooth without being too rich.
-Jean Loomer, South Windsor, Connecticut
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup soft bread cubes
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Vanilla ice cream
- Place bread in a greased 1-qt. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk egg and
- milk. Stir in the brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour over bread; sprinkle with raisins. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.