Bread Pudding for Two
My sister and I love the old-fashioned flavor of this bread pudding. We share it with each other often.Mildred Patterson, Guthrie, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 slice bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Divide bread and raisins between two greased 8-oz. baking dishes; set
- aside. In a bowl, beat the egg, milk and water; pour over bread.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. Serve warm.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 228 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 milk.