Bread Pot Fondue Recipe
- 1 round loaf bread (1-1/2 pounds, 8 to 10 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup (5 ounces) diced cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. Slice off top of bread loaf, reserving top. Carefully hollow out inside of loaf with small sharp knife, leaving 1/2-in. shell. Cut the removed bread into 1-in. cubes (about 4 cups); set aside.
- 2. For filling, combine the cheeses and sour cream in bowl; stir in ham, green onions, chilies and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into hollowed loaf; replace top. Wrap tightly with several layers of heavy-duty aluminum foil; place on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 1 hour 10 minutes or until filling is heated through. Meanwhile, combine the bread cubes, oil and melted butter. Arrange on a separate baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown, turning occasionally. Unwrap and transfer to platter. Remove top from bread; stir filling and serve with toasted cubes and vegetables. Yield: 5 cups.
2 tablespoon: 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Bread Pot Fondue
"We have always loved this recipe since years back. Made it again today for visitors & they ate every last drop. I left out the chillies, its still tasty."
"I have made this several times - always gets rave reviews and requests for the recipe. Great just as is, but I have also substituted dried beef in place of the ham and turns out just as good. Definatly a keeper!!"