Bread N Butter Dressing
"This moist stuffing is a speedy way to stretch a meal," notes Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. With yummy herb flavor from sage and thyme, it's tastier than the boxed stuffing mixes you buy at the store.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 8 slices bread
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Toast bread and spread with 2 tablespoons of butter; cut into 3/4-in.
- cubes. Place in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish set aside. Place
- remaining butter in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on
- high for 40-50 seconds. stir in broth, onion and seasonings. Pour
- over the bread cubes and toss to coat. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 4-1/2 minutes, stirring once. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 292 calories, 19 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.