Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached Bread Flour
- 1 cup King Arthur Premium 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (2 pounds, 16 slices).
Reviews for Bread Machine Whole Wheat Bread(4)
Sort By :
I have previously shied away from making my own breads because they come out too dense. I made this one using 3 cups whole wheat flour and 3 tbsp gluten and it came out Great! Wonderful flavor and perfect density to use with soup or for making a sandwich.
Wonderful soft loaf, easy to cut. Only minor changes. I use honey for sugar, mix my own bread flour 1 tbsp gluten per cup, processed quick oatmeal for oat flour. Used the bread machine on dough cycle, allowed to rise in warm oven approx 1 hr. then 360 deg.F for 1/2 hour. Best WW bread I have ever made. Thank you! My husband and I are both diabetics so we need all the help we can get to keep the sugar controlled.
I have tried several bread recipes and never really liked them. This bread is wonderful, as a sandwich and toasted. I do not have a bread machine, so I made mine with a stand mixer and baked in the oven.
I made this for my family on a snow day. My fiancee, who is pretty skeptical about wheat bread, loved it as well as the kids.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Machine Recipes >
- Bread Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Bread Recipes >