Bread Machine Wheat Bread Recipe
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Reviews for Bread Machine Wheat Bread
Sort By :
"This recipe turned out really well. It rose well and was moist and spongy. I am allergic to dairy, so I made a few alterations. I subbed almond milk for milk and coconut oil for butter."
"Best wheat bread I have ever had from my bread machine."
"I made this two days ago, using white whole wheat flour for the whole wheat called for, and I subbed brown sugar for the honey that I discovered I was out of! The bread turned out wonderfully, and it has stayed pretty fresh stored sliced in a gallon zipper bag."
"Easy, quick and good!"