Bread Machine Wheat Bread Recipe
To fit in the bread machine, we adjusted the amounts of ingredients to produce only one loaf. This version retails the same sweet taste and tender texture as the original loaf, and there's no need to knead the dough by hand.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
1 serving (1 each) equals 111 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC