To fit in the bread machine, we adjusted the amounts of ingredients to produce only one loaf. This version retails the same sweet taste and tender texture as the original loaf, and there's no need to knead the dough by hand.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup warm milk (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Bread Machine Wheat Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p42
Reviews for Bread Machine Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review