Bread Machine Roll Mix Recipe
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Beaten egg white and sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Combine the first four ingredients. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1 batch (3-1/3 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rolls: Place water in bread machine pan. Add roll mix. Top with butter and yeast. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide into 12 portions; shape each into a ball. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. If desired, brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Bread Machine Roll Mix
"This recipe is very easy and versatile. We have used it for dinner rolls and hamburger buns and it's great!"
"Made these today and they were wonderful. Plan on making a few bags of the mix up. The machine really does all the work. Nothing like fresh warm rolls right out of the oven!"
"GREAT RECIPE. I CAN NOW MAKE HOMEMADE ROLLS!!!! THEY WERE DELICIOUS!"
"This recipe is the one I've used the most from ALL the magazines I've gotten from Rieman. I make up 8-10 mixes and store them in re-cycled instant iced tea jars on the shelf. I can have it mixing in my bread machine in less than 5 minutes!! All my family LOVES fresh warm rolls!"