Bread Machine Roll Mix Recipe
"I usually triple this recipe so I have the mix on hand when I want to make a batch of these soft rolls," relates Alberta Anderson Finke, Denair, California.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Beaten egg white and sesame seeds, optional
- 1. Combine the first four ingredients. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1 batch (3-1/3 cups total).
- 2. To prepare rolls: Place water in bread machine pan. Add roll mix. Top with butter and yeast. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide into 12 portions; shape each into a ball. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. If desired, brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 137 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC