"I usually triple this recipe so I have the mix on hand when I want to make a batch of these soft rolls," relates Alberta Anderson Finke, Denair, California.
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Beaten egg white and sesame seeds, optional
- Combine the first four ingredients. Store in a resealable plastic bag. Yield: 1 batch (3-1/3 cups total).
- To prepare rolls: Place water in bread machine pan. Add roll mix. Top with butter and yeast. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Punch down; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Divide into 12 portions; shape each into a ball. Place on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour. If desired, brush tops with egg white and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Bread Machine Roll Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p41
Reviews for Bread Machine Roll Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review